Any BOYS participating in Boys Wrestling this year, please note the following:
- Boys Wrestling is currently going on with Practice: Monday - Friday (4 - 6 pm) in the GVHS Wrestling Room.
- You must have your athletic packet completed and physical done before you can participate!
- All athletic packets will be done online:
a.) Go to Golden Valley Website
b.) Click on Athletics
c.) Click on "Athletic Registration Packet"
d.) Create an account and enter all information.
e.) Print or upload the physical form
- Priority Urgent Care on Panama Lane is giving free physicals to Golden Valley Athletes. (Dr. will fill out Physical form)
- Send the Athletic Packet and Physical form to Ms. Polanco : [email protected] (She can answer any questions)
If you have any further questions, please contact:
Boys Wrestling Head Coach Spencer Hill: [email protected]
Golden Valley has one of the most successful wrestling teams in Bakersfield.
-Boys Varsity and JV- SYL Champions for the past 7 years in a row.
-Boys Varsity and JV- Undefeated home duals for the past 9 years.
-Girls Varsity- Has never lost a home dual meet.
-Girls Varsity- 2019 CIF Southeast Area Team Champions
-Girls Varsity- 2019 CIF Central Section Masters Team Champions
-Girls Varsity- 2nd at the CIF Masters Tournament for the 2016, 2017, 2018 seasons and have only lost to the CIF State Champions.
-Girls Varsity- Only team in Kern County to have 100% scholarship rate.
-Both of our boys and girls teams have multiple CIF State qualifiers and placers as well as CIF Central Section placers and champions.
-Both of our boys and girls teams have former Bulldogs wrestling, on scholarships, in many other states and throughout California.