Visual and Performing Arts (Department-wide)
- The Visual and Performing Arts Department promotes cultural awareness and cultural diversity.
- The Visual and Performing Arts Department encourages a four year career path in each of our disciplines.
- The Visual and Performing Arts Deapartment provides the platform for teenagers to become well rounded and confident students.
- We encourage and foster students to be creative problem solvers in the classroom and in their personal and someday, professional lives.
- We creaet an environment that encourages creativity, individual growth and meaningful self-expression through a worldwide view.
- Students learn to understand and be able to communicate through visual literacy.
- Interdisciplinary and cross-curricular approaches to the practice of art and the study of visual culture across all subjects.
- Through our Graphic Arts and Engineering Design classes, students focus on expanding technology use for real world experience set at industry standard levels.
Performing Arts: Theater and Video Production
- Theater and Video Production students will develop their understanding of and capacity for empathy.
- Theater and Video Production students will value diversity, in people and in ideas.
- The Theater and Video Production department maintains an environment in which students feel safe to take artistic risks.
- Theater and Video Production students develop time management, adaptation, and organizational skills.
- Through the sequence of courses, Theater and Video Production students develop skills needed for a career in the theatre, television and film industries, as well as any other profession.
- Theater and Video Production students will develop a growth mindset, understanding the importance of self-reflection and the value of continual growth as an artist.
Our Town by Bulldog Theater Company (Photos provide by Javier Valdes of the Kern High Network)
Video Production Filmmakers: Gerardo Castro, Sean Whiting, Jimmy Guzman Ortega, Dafne Ramirez